metatable - Is it possible to bypass __tostring the way rawget/set bypasses __index/__newindex in Lua? -


for example:

local my_table = { name = "my table" } local my_table_mt = {}  function my_table_mt.__tostring(tbl)     return "%s<%s>":format(tbl.name or "?", rawtostring(tbl)) end 

is possible? know rawtostring method doesn't exist, there possibly way emulate behavior, or bypass altogether?

there kludge:

function rawtostring(t)    local m=getmetatable(t)    local f=m.__tostring    m.__tostring=nil    local s=tostring(t)    m.__tostring=f    return s end 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Command prompt result in label. Python 2.7 -

javascript - How do I use URL parameters to change link href on page? -

amazon web services - AWS Route53 Trying To Get Site To Resolve To www -