regex - Read a list of text files in R based on part of their name -


i using below lines read 1 text file. but, need include read list of text files not all. how can achieve in r?

i have multiple folders in c:/data path. ie. 1998_data, 1999_data....so on , each folder has text files 01.txt...49.txt.

thanks in advance.

startingdir<-"c:/data" files <- list.files(path = startingdir,pattern = "24.txt",recursive=t,full.names=t) 

i included line below not read 3 files in list. suggestions?

my_files <- c("24.txt","01.txt","10.txt") files <- list.files(path = startingdir,pattern = my_files,recursive=t,full.names=t) 

that's because pattern expects regular expression:

thepattern <- "24\\.txt|01\\.txt|10\\.txt" files <- list.files(path = startingdir,                     pattern = thepattern,                     recursive=true,                     full.names=true) 

keep in mind have escape dot, otherwise interpreted "anything".

if want automate this, can following:

my_files <- c("24.txt","01.txt","10.txt") my_files <- gsub(".","\\.",my_files, fixed = true) my_pattern <- paste(my_files, collapse = "|") 

you need fixed = true in gsub avoid dot read "anything". see ?regex


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Command prompt result in label. Python 2.7 -

javascript - How do I use URL parameters to change link href on page? -

amazon web services - AWS Route53 Trying To Get Site To Resolve To www -